Dear Sleepless Mamas!
I know how hard it is to hear other Moms talk about the day they brought their bundle of joy home from the hospital that their Baby slept through the night from here on out. My neighbor said hers started sleeping through the night at two weeks. How come they got off easy and you two don't? I understand that you can and should take naps during the day, but sleeping through the night would be a way better pay-off then taking naps. How about nursing at night....I know all that did was knock me out w/ the Baby asleep in our bed. UGH!! If people knew I did that, they give me the "look". How about the Baby I bottle feed and she is still in her Moses basket next to the bed, so all I have to do is make a bottle. Prop the bottle in the basket and stay half asleep/half awake to make sure all is well. Well that Baby eats all the time and won't go to sleep w/o a bottle in her mouth. What to do, oh what to do! I read in the book, about babies 1st year, that I'm suppose to stretch the feedings. Hold off instead of feeding her as soon as she wakes up in the middle of the night for the 11th time. No way! Jose!! I'm too tired to that and then I get mad. Not at Baby, just that I can't follow the law of all mothers and get this baby on a schedule and have her sleep through the night. Plus, we don't want our husbands to wake up cause they have to go to work and siblings have school. Do you think Nanny Jo from SuperNanny will come to our rescue and get these Babies on the right path to a better nights sleep? Well, a wise women, okay, my Mother-In-Law said once, the 1st year is the hardest. There is the glimmer of hope that in month 4 baby can start having cereal and that should get that bundle of joy to sleep longer.
Next challenge - potty training. How do those moms get their kids potty trained by the time they are 13 months old? Do they beat them? Hypnotise them? Promise a wealthy inheritance? What?
So Sleepless in Ft. Knox and in Odenton. Don't give up. It won't last forever that your Babies will want to feed in the middle of the night. Before you know it, those little ones will be waking up, walking into your room, soaked from peeing in their bed. Then you are gonna miss the nursing/bottle feeding nights cause now you gotta: get the sheets off the bed, strip the child, wash/clean child, and clean bed and remake the bed.
Keep me posted and as always thanks for being a loyal listener.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sleepless In Ft. Knox and Odenton
Posted by Newmans Wildcats at 11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think you will have another in Ft Knox with this problem pretty soon. Right now I just wake up 2x to go to the bathroom and everytime I do I think, "What if I had to feed the baby right now and instead of only being up for 2 minutes, I have to stay up for 30???" Aye yai yai!!! Btw, loved the Halloween post!!! Alex looks like the blonde version of Mike.
LOL! I love it, Joey!!! Thanks for making me feel better, like I'm not the only mama in the world that doesn't follow what the "baby experts" say! Your pep talk has done this mama good! I will be thinking about you and baby Summer when Ty wakes me up all night tonight! :-)
Still dreaming of that morning when I wake up and realize Ty has slept through the night......it will happen....one of these days!
Careful what you wish for, cause Summer slept through the night for a week and then it all ended! BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment